At AirPR, we are passionate about building software that solves important problems in marketing. We partner with the most valuable companies in the world to transform how they use data and technology to drive marketing and brand decisions. Our software has been used to strategize responses to a brand crisis, discover new content and influencers, and gain an edge in the global online business world.
As a Backend Engineer, you will apply your technical knowledge and Big Data analytics on AirPR’s billions of online content data points to solve challenging marketing problems. You also spend time working on projects that affect many parts of the organization, including leading projects, automating processes, coding custom tools, contributing bug fixes to various products, and advocating for features with the product team that are vital to the success of AirPR. Backend Engineers are integral to the success of AirPR.
- Implement core features of multiple data-intensive production applications across different software stacks.
- Architect highly scalable, distributed systems efficiently using open source tools.
- Explore and implement complex caching strategies for quick delivery of vast amounts of data.
- Work with technologies like Ruby on Rails, Python, Scala, Memcached, MySQL, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, etc.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field and/or equivalent experience in the space.
- Exceptional software engineering talent.
- Experience with web applications, databases, distributed systems, and machine learning is a plus.
- Passion for learning and implementing new technologies and software engineering practices.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and effectively adapts to change.
- Self-motivated team player with fresh ideas when it comes to product innovation.
- Creative, energetic and self-driven.