Sales Director, West
Each year, more than $30 billion is invested in corporate communications, publicity and public relations. However, the challenge with the Communications industry has always been the lack of credible metrics, much less the ability to measure how these investments map to quantifiable business outcomes. Intuitively we all know that PR works, but until now the industry has lacked a reliable compass and the data to prove its effectiveness and justify the investment.
Onclusive is a marketing analytics company revolutionizing the Communications industry with data science. We have developed the first technology platform for measuring and optimizing the true ROI of Communications and PR efforts. Our analytics software uncovers data about PR’s direct connection to business metrics, revealing which articles, authors, influencers, and messages drive engagement and deliver actual revenue. The result is real-time, actionable metrics that matter.
The Onclusive sales team is responsible for articulating this message to the right customers and driving sales cycles from prospecting to close. We are seeking a highly motivated sales executive with a passion for data and SaaS who can translate the Onclusive value proposition into positive solutions to prospective buyers. The ideal candidate is a consultative sales director with proven success selling data and technology solutions directly to communications and/or marketing professionals. This individual is an outcome-driven sales professional motivated to create and leverage a network in the PR/Marketing industry that will generate sustainable and consistent sales results. The Sales Director is accustomed to developing and managing a holistic sales pipeline including independent prospecting,conducting their own demos, negotiating economic terms, and closing deals.
- Execute new business prospecting on a daily basis to ensure a consistently healthy pipeline.
- Use Salesforce CRM to document, execute and forecast to ensure a predictable and well executed business while maintaining a dependable system of record.
- Spend time in the field in front of customers and conduct multiple in-person meetings every business day.
- When required for meetings, spend time in the office and participate in a collaborative and empowering environment.
- Is focused on customer needs and drives value by focusing on outcomes and proven successes.
- Proven performer selling data and software products to marketing and/or PR professionals.
- A 360 professional who can manage the entire sales cycle from lead generation to the close.
- A social butterfly who knows the value of networking to unearth new sales opportunities and turn them into long-term partnerships.
- Required: minimum 5 years experience in field sales.
Required experience: data services, SaaS, or marketing technology.
- Experience in the PR or Communications industry a plus.
Have the technical expertise to be able to demonstrate software products and explain the business and economic benefits.
- Have experience conducting in-person meetings as well as web-based demos.
Skilled at negotiating business terms with line-of-business, procurement and contract teams, senior management, and C-level executives.
- Natural storyteller, leverages customer success outcomes and knows how to articulate an ROI based on specific customer desired outcomes.
- Bachelor degree is required.
- This position will be based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Onclusive is the data science company for communication and public relations. We connect content to business outcomes for the first time, and leverage artificial intelligence to reveal which communication strategies drive actual brand engagement. Onclusive developed the Power of Voice™ metric as a way to measure the quality of a brand’s media coverage in relation to its competitors, and invented PR Attribution™ to measure the real impact that content is having on a company’s bottom line. Onclusive was founded in 2011 and is headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area.
For more information or to apply for this role please contact email@example.com