Onclusive's CEO Index
The CEO Index analyzes media coverage about the leaders of the US and Europe’s largest publicly listed companies
Media Performance of the World’s Top CEOs
Ever-increasing access to the CEOs behind the world’s biggest brands means that everything they say and how they behave not only defines the public’s perception of them, but also the reputations of the organizations they lead. And as corporate reputation is now a key driver of business performance, there’s plenty at stake for brands whose CEOs are consistently under the spotlight.
Our CEO Index analyses earned media coverage of today’s most recognized and scrutinized CEOs. In an instant, you can identify:
• Who’s gaining the highest volume of media coverage in each country and sector,
• What global themes each CEO is being associated with,
• The effectiveness of their earned media coverage/mentions by means of an average ‘impact score’.
This tells an interesting story of the global CEO landscape; identifying who’s gaining the most media coverage in each sector, market, on a global scale, and the relationship with business performance.
Inside the dashboard below, you can search five different categories including company name, CEO, sector, theme, and location across your chosen date range to see how different CEOs are performing and ranking.
You’ll also see news headlines, featuring the CEOs, in the scrolling tickertape at the top of the dashboard, which is automatically tailored to your search criteria.
Read our first CEO Index report, which examines how the world’s top CEOs performed in the media between January to March 2023.
CEO Index Report
Discover the emerging trends from our latest analysis of media engagement of CEOs from Jan-Mar 2023.
How does a CEO’s personal brand impact Corporate Reputation?
Find out the tools you need to understand and manage your CEO’s media profile
Discover how to benchmark your performance and enhance your brand reputationINQUIRE NOW
CEO Index Methodology
The CEO Index from Onclusive measures media coverage of the CEOs from the US Fortune 100, UK FTSE 100, French CAC 40, German DAX 40, Swiss SMI 30, Spanish IBEX 35, Italian IT 40 and Irish Euronext Dublin 20.
The analysis is based on the top 165 online news, newspapers, and business magazines across the US and Europe. The data is updated monthly.
An impact score is applied to each CEO mention calculated by media source reach and authority, prominence of CEO within the article, sentiment, and social amplification.
Volumes refer to the number of CEO mentions.
All CEO mentions are tagged in relation to five key topics:
- Financial Performance: financial results, investment rounds, and stock prices
- Leadership: Strategy, M&A, thought leadership, relations with senior industry leaders, and shareholders
- Sustainability: Environment, diversity and inclusion, employee and supplier engagement, and fairness
- Innovation: New tech, R&D, product launches, and design
- Regulation: Political & public affairs, transparency, governance, and litigation