They say a picture is worth a 1,000 words. I say:
In a world where lengthy emails reign supreme, it behooves us all to recognize just how much a single image can convey. If storytelling is at the core of PR, than the ability to tell an entire bite-sized story in a few seconds is pure potency.
My favored type of visual content bridges the best of photo and video: it’s the GIF. Here are a few reasons why I’m gaga for GIFs and why we could all benefit from integrating them into our communication strategies:
- Visual content is easier and faster to process
- There are endless options to express yo’self
- Does a better job of communicating a point than any acronym (LOL)
- Keeps emails short, succinct and entertaining
Let’s shake up the monotony of text-only responses and inject some always-appreciated humor into our business relationships.
Below are the Top 10 GIFs for your clients and colleagues when there just.are.no.words.
NOTE: Not all of these are meant for public circulation. Some are merely an affirmation that you’re NOT losing your mind. 😉
1. When your super smart, hilarious client or colleague one ups you during an email exchange:
2. When a journalist adopts a total lack of urgency in correcting a glaring error:
3. When the social community you’ve been carefully cultivating sees a growth spurt:
4. When the media butchers your thoughtfully crafted pitch into something totally inaccurate:
5. When a feature story is on the front page of that top media target:
6. When a client acts like said win is just an everyday placement:
7. When your client looks and sounds AH-mazing during their first TV interview:
8. When you’ve had too much coffee and send a typo-ridden email to an important contact:
9. When you realize your favorite client is going to be a success story AND a lifelong friend:
10. When Friday at 5pm rolls around and all you can think about is Happy Hour:
To start a library of GIFs, I highly recommend creating a folder on your desktop stat. It’s an easy way to aggregate favorites and organize potential options for witty retorts.
Got a favorite GIF? Please share! @AirPR