A successful communications strategy is the driving force behind building trust among all of your stakeholders, enhancing your corporate reputation and establishing your company as a leader in your industry. A strong PR agency that aligns with and understands your business can be an invaluable strategic adviser and resource for your brand in this endeavor.
However, not all brand and PR agency relationships are created equal. We have all worked with external consultancies that greatly contributed to an organization, and others that didn’t really move the needle. For over a decade, Onclusive has been involved in hundreds of collaborations between our customers and their PR agencies, and we’re delighted to share the experiences and best practices we collected over the years in this whitepaper.
Download this whitepaper to read about:
- Reasons your business might work with a PR agency
- How to select the right PR agency for your business and best practices for onboarding
- Setting expectations around the PR agency’s role and working together
- Setting goals aligned with communications objectives and reporting on metrics that matter
Strategic communications holds the keys to your biggest brand asset—your corporate reputation. However, all too often there is a disconnect between executive leadership and communications departments. Communications’ contributions may get lost in translation, making them vulnerable to budget and headcount cuts. Achieving organizational success requires executive participation in building the corporate communications strategy, and without this cooperation, aligning goals will prove challenging.
In this whitepaper, we discuss how executives can better engage with their communications departments and ensure the department’s KPIs are aligned with company goals. You’ll read insights from both executive and communications professionals on engagement best practices and how to lead a successful corporate communications operation.
Download this whitepaper to read about:
- The purpose and contribution of the communications team to organizational success
- The c-level executive’s roadmap to building and leading an impactful communications team
- Best practices for defining the optimal scope and budget for communications
- The critical importance of setting SMART communications goals aligned with business objectives
- Measuring KPIs (key performance indicators) tied to the purpose, goals and, ultimately, tangible business outcomes
One of the biggest questions in news distribution and investor relations is, “what is the real effect of my news release?” Companies have longed for a way to connect their newswire efforts with related editorial coverage, influencer engagement, and social media amplification. Onclusive, in partnership with Business Wire, the global leader in news distribution services, conducted the first comprehensive analysis to answer these key questions.
Onclusive’s data science team analyzed nearly 17,000 press releases to compile this whitepaper. The whitepaper reveals detailed insights and benchmarks to maximize the efficacy of your press releases.
In this whitepaper, you’ll learn:
- Benchmarks for average social media and press engagement of news releases.
- The best days and times to publish your news release to maximize social engagement and earned media articles.
- Best practices for optimizing your press release performance by including multimedia.
Growth PR starts with crafting a narrative using data. It’s a way to discover what your audience cares about and what drives behavior that delivers tangible results for your company. Essentially, growth PR helps your story get told on the right channels. Owned media is a critical component to every growth PR strategy.
Learn the five tenets of owned media and how three marketing communications veterans incorporate their owned media in their growth PR strategies in this whitepaper.
Download this whitepaper to learn:
- Five strategies that will help you get the most from your owned media.
- Practical applications of owned media to increase your brand awareness.
- Methods of measuring your owned media strategy impact.
- How you can optimize your earned and owned media strategies to produce big results.
As PR professionals, you and your team are at the forefront of all key internal and external communications. Your team is responsible for creating brand affinity and delivering the most impactful messages to your brand’s audience.
But in order to get the credit you deserve and the resources you need to do this very important job, you have to make one key shift: you must learn to speak the same language as the people who make all of the investment decisions in your company — your executive team.
Download this whitepaper to learn:
- How you can align your PR metrics with business goals & executive KPIs
- Steps that you can take to get executive buy-in on PR metrics that matter to your business
- Which PR metrics are most impactful to track for your business
- How to empower your company with data and showcase your department’s success
The world as we know it is changing. The ever-evolving landscape of social media, journalism, digital marketing, and self-publishing mean that we are entering a dynamic new era where it’s easier than ever to leverage media to promote your company.
If you’re a marketer in today’s digital world, you understand the importance of media across different channels. Though paid, earned, and owned media are nothing new – the concept of integrating them to maximize their impact just might be an idea you’re not as familiar with.
In this whitepaper, you’ll learn how:
- Top brands are integrating paid, owned, and earned media
- Retargeting strategies to drive engagement with your brand
- To leverage post-click engagement analytics to optimize your communications strategies
- Brands optimize their advertising to drive engagement with their best content
Without the ability to measure the bottom line impact of PR, communicators only know the amount and scale of media coverage they are getting about their brand. For communications professionals to continue to have a seat at the table, optimize their strategy in alignment with overall business and marketing objectives, and get the credit they deserve and the resources they need, knowing how earned, owned and newswire content drives actual business outcomes has become a necessity rather than a luxury.
However, if it was easy, everyone would be doing it. Truly understanding the customer journey from PR through to an engagement with a brand has been a tough challenge that few technologies address.
In this PR Attribution™ deep dive, you’ll learn how to:
- Understand the business impact of your efforts.
- Align with business goals that matter to your leadership.
- Gain C-Suite buy-in for PR initiatives and resources needed to drive them.
- Find tools and technologies that support your efforts.
- Effectively outline, implement and use a PR impact measurement strategy.
The world of journalism has never been as dynamic as it is today. Thanks to the digital media revolution and the emergence of self-publishing platforms it has become easier than ever for individuals to create and distribute editorial content of all forms. To fully understand the transformation which the world of journalism is undergoing, Onclusive analyzed 2.1 billion pieces of editorial content between Q1 2018 and Q1 2019. The numbers tell a story of an author ecosystem which is fragmenting across publication tiers, editorial topics, and content formats.
- In Q1 2019, 15% of authors contributed to Tier 1 publications, down from 26% in Q1 2018.
- Conversely, in Q1 2019, 41% of authors contributed to Tier 3 publications, up from 25% in Q1 2018.
The 2019 Global Journalism Report also reveals the top publishers by volume of contributing authors, the top editorial topics, how journalist “influence” is distributed, and how journalist “sentiment” is distributed. Included in the report is the “Top 100 Author Platforms List” and “Top 50 Editorial Topics List.”